Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day...

I really couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day...
It came this year, perfectly placed, at the end of an amazingly busy week, but one that I will treasure forever.

Joel had four performances this week for his Tulip Time show, "Puttin' on the Hitz" (with the Holland Chorale). He worked SO hard on the music and choreography for the show, that is was incredible to see it all come together so professionally.


And Grace... we've made special trips to Grand Rapids to get her skates sharpened and had extra practices at the rink in preparation for the Lake Effect Skating Competition yesterday. All her hard work paid off, and she won her first two gold medals, and one bronze. It was such an exciting day for her! We continue to feel so blessed that she has such an amazing coach.


And then there's Ana... Though she is definitely expressing more and more independence (and opinions :-), I feel SO blessed to have her home with us. I just learned this week that there are approximately 500 children who are waiting for their adoptions to be finalized in Guatemala. Many of those adoptions were in process the same time or before our was. We thank God every day that He brought her home in His perfect timing.



And finally, there is Brian...
I was telling the kids at dinner tonight that I've never loved their daddy more. He continues to be such an amazing husband and father. We definitely could not do the things that we do without his loving support.
Thank you, Honey, for all you do for our family.

And on Mother's Day...we obviously think of our own mothers... who continue to bless our family with their love and have gone through many trials and joys with us over the years. We feel so thankful that they take such an interest in the kids activities, and support them in so many ways.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment