We did it!
Last night Brian and I decided to adopt an infant from Guatemala. It seems unbelievable to finally have come to this decision. While I once imagined being amazingly overjoyed to finally both feel this calling, my heart is somewhat guarded at this point. I am indeed THRILLED to be following the calling I have felt for so long, but there are still many uncertainties ahead. This has been such a long process, and I feel like it will probably take a few days to absorb everything and determine our next steps. Though I am filled with a new kind of joy that I have not felt in years, I am still somewhat guarded in my emotions. It almost seems too good to be real. Before I went to bed last night, I opened the Bible and asked God to direct me to a verse that would begin our journey. I was lead to Psalm 37:2-5.
"Trust in the Lord, and do good:
So you will live in the land, and enjoy security.
Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in Him, and he will act."
I do pray that we trust in the Lord, as we move forward in this process.
Lord, I pray that as we begin this journey, you guide us each step of the process. May each decision be directed by you. Lord, lead us to the child you have planned for us for so many years. Protect her and our family through the entire process. Bless us with health and with safety as we journey together to complete our family. Open Joel and Grace’s hearts to share what we have in our family with another little one who looks different than they do. Help them to grow in compassion and sensitivity through this process. Lord, may our journey be honoring to you, and along the way, may others see our faith and be drawn closer to you. Lord, I do pray that we are “doing your work”, being your hands and feet and helping to “fix what is broken” in one part of the world. We are thrilled to see how you work in the next several months. I thank you – for your faithfulness and for your promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment