Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Samuel 1:27 (11/25/06)

"For this child I prayed and the Lord has granted me the petition that I made to him."

This journey really began several years ago… I remember December of 2002. We had just brought our beautiful infant daughter (Grace Marie) home from the hospital. I was rocking her and thanking God for blessing our family with a little boy (Joel Austin- then 2 ½) and now, a little girl. Yet, at the same time, I did not feel our family was complete. As the years passed, I believe God spoke to me in ways I did not always recognize. On November 1, 2002, my dear friend, Leah, committed to praying for our family daily. Together we prayed that God would direct our family and help us to realize if He indeed had another baby planned for us. Other close friends, too, offered to pray (and have over the years). At this point, I was imagining that another baby would mean another pregnancy. Yet on 11/2/02, I walked into church and saw a sign (most likely intended for pregnant teens) stating “Adoption is a good option”. I took that as a sign that I needed to pray about. I did pray, and through the years, my faith in God grew in ways I had never before experienced. I began to really feel as though we should adopt an orphan. Brian, prayed, too. But at this point, it was purely because he knew this was something I had come to feel very passionately about. He was very happy with our family of four, and did not feel God calling us in this direction. Through countless late-night discussions, daily reading and prayers, and at times, tears – we have finally arrived at the point we are at today. Though it has been a challenging road, we have grown together in ways we never would have envisioned and God has certainly used this to strengthen our relationship with Him and one another. Brian's conviction has been inspiring. He us thrilled to finally hear God's call and respond joyfully. He moves forward with excitement and admittedly, the daily reliance on God to provide financially once our own resources are depleated. We are both excited to visit our little girl in a country we know so little about, and in time, bring her home to our family. We invite you to travel with us, these next several months – and share the rest of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment