Dear Families,
I have great news to share with you. AGCI Guatemala has been fortunate enough to hire a full-time doctor for all of the children we care for. We are thrilled and I know you will be so happy with this new addition. His name is Dr. Castro and he has committed his time to us, which we can hardly believe because of the other opportunities he had to choose from. He was trained in England, has practiced medicine for many years, is also a writer, and already is making some positive strides for us in Guatemala in just one week. I can’t begin to tell you what a huge blessing this is for us and for you and your children. He wants to personally meet the families who travel to Guatemala and we hope to be able to do progress reports with Dr. Castro on the video as he shares about your child. Please rejoice with us! I have included some pictures of Dr. Castro and a few others of children at Hannah’s Hope.
It has been great talking with some of you this week. I know that Kim, SooJin and I anxiously awaited that update and were frantically trying to make calls to those of you whom we had updates for. Again, we will get information to you as we have it and we thank you for being a part of our program. I also want to let you know that I realize Kim was getting weekly updates to you on Thursday evenings and I promise that I am doing my best to get information to you. For the time being, I will send updates on Fridays until I am sure that I have all the stats from the week. I realize this is a very important email for all of you.
As many of you are experiencing, it feels as though life has stopped in Guatemala. Hopefully, you will be encouraged to read the latest. Things are happening, even when it seems like they’re not. Also, for some of you it feels as though you are not our priority. I want to encourage you. We have approximately 180 families currently involved in our adoption program through Guatemala and Kim, SooJin and I have each of you at the top of the list as far as who is the most important. Please be mindful that if you don’t hear from us the moment something happens, it just means that other things are happening at the same moment for many families and we are working on communicating with all of you. Also, we don’t always have information from Guatemala the moment it happens. It may seem that there is a delay, but we would not intentionally withhold information from you. That being said, read on and enjoy your weekend. We will be here on Monday at 8:30am to jump back in the boxing ring and fight the good fight with you!
PLACEMENTS:
We placed three children this week and are hoping to place 3-4 more in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully you have received your numbers on the waiting list. If not, send us an email and we can tell you what your number is.
FIRST TRIP:
One family will travel to meet their child for the first time next week, and at least two more will go the following week.
FAMILY COURT:
The week of Christmas and last week, four Family Court appointments occurred. We have submitted seven more files to Family Court and have appointments scheduled for next week.
DNA PROCESS:
We are awaiting DNA appointments for five families currently.
PGN:
FIVE Families were approved this week!!!
CIVIL REGISTRY:
Eight families are either being submitted to CR or have been submitted and we are waiting for approval and new documents for their child.
IN TRANSLATION:
No files in translation currently
IN US EMBASSY:
Three files have completed the CR and translation steps, and we submitted these files to the US Embassy this week.
PINK SLIP:
One family has a USE appointment next week, which means they will be bringing their child home. PLEASE READ THIS: SOMEDAY THIS WILL BE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment