
That is how long it took me to unsuccessfully clean the BLACK dry-erase marker from Grace's pastel quilt (an art project that Ana was incredibly proud of). We are still not sure how she got ahold of the marker, but you wouldn't have believed the look of shock on Joel and Grace's faces when she brought us in to show us what she had done. (They looked at me like, "Mom, what are you going to do?") I am amazed by all the new things she has done in the past 24 hours. Some of them make me laugh hysterically - others (like the coloring project) have not been so funny. She was particularly funny today, though. Joel and Grace were playing downstairs and she asked me repeatedly to help her open the door to go down and play with them. I was trying to get the dinner dishes cleaned up, so I told her we would go down in a minute. The next time I looked at her, she had pushed her chair over to the door and was reaching for the handle shouting, "Joel!!!! Grace!!! Come! Me!" She also has learned to turn lights on and off - a trick she finds particularly amusing. And just this evening she insisted that she wanted to go up and down the basement stairs all by herself, not sitting, but holding onto the handrail just like Joel and Grace. It seems our baby girl is growing up... How we treasure each moment with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment