Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year, a new blog...

One of my New Year's resolutions was to update our blog and complete the story of the adoption of Ana, our youngest daughter from Guatemala. While the perfectionist in me is fighting the urge to go back and fill in all the gaps in our journey, I have come to realize that my time is better spent loving my family and being present with them as much as I possibly can be. Maybe in time, I will be able to share in writing all the specific details of our journey to bring Ana home, but for now, I will simply say - God answers prayers... There is not a doubt in my mind that He planted the seed of adoption in my heart many years ago. He led us to All God's Children International and guided our paperwork through PGN with no previews. Even as we waited the five long months for Ana's birth certificate to be issued, God was preparing us to be her parents and He was preparing her to leave everything that was familiar to her, and join our family. His timing was truly perfect. We were able to travel as a family to pick her up during Brian's Spring break, which saved us literally thousands of dollars. (Brian would have had to take time off work without pay had we traveled any other time.) Her transition into our family has been incredibly smooth. In every way, she is a perfect fit for our family and loved beyond words. I have never felt more fulfilled. I stand in awe of God's perfect plan and am so honored that He chose us to be a part of her life. While the remainder of this blog will be dedicated to our life as a family, I could not miss the opportunity to thank God for the blessing of our daughter, Ana Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment