This blog was originally created to help keep our family and friends informed as we journeyed together in the adoption of our youngest daughter from Guatemala. In April of 2008, all of our prayers were answered, and we traveled as a family to Guatemala to finally bring home Ana Hope. We now use this blog as an opportunity to share and preserve the precious everyday moments that can easily be forgotten in the busyness of everyday life.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Skating Practice
Grace has been practicing for her first solo performance this upcoming weekend. She is skating to "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid. She absolutely loves her coach, Miss Stephanie, and LOVES to skate.
HI Jennifer and family, I have no idea how to really do this. I may not even be on the right page. But I just wanted to say HI and say congratulations on your beautiful daughter. Sounds like she's been home awhile now and what a blessing. Your whole family is just beautiful. Annemarie is now 7 and has been home since she was 9.5 months. (sounds like the same age as Ana Hope) She has been such a blessing to our whole family. She sounds like your Grace with her skating. Annemarie does gymnastics. She started competing in fun meets this year and had her first meet last month. I was telling your mom that we will be in Holland on Feb. 15th for a meet at West Ottawa High School. Not sure when we are going or what night we will be staying yet. But I'll let you know. We will also be in Hudsonville in April.
I was just talking to a friend of mine this morning as we ran about Hope College. Her son is there today looking at it. He would like to play football. Hope seems to be a popular place with our school (St. Francis). In fact I know a runner (girl) who is going there next year.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and was so excited to see your mom and find out a little about Ana. Hope to hear from you soon. Julie
Grace, you are elegant and beautiful! I am so proud of you and want to come see you skate! Ms. Susie
ReplyDeleteHI Jennifer and family,
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how to really do this. I may not even be on the right page. But I just wanted to say HI and say congratulations on your beautiful daughter. Sounds like she's been home awhile now and what a blessing. Your whole family is just beautiful. Annemarie is now 7 and has been home since she was 9.5 months. (sounds like the same age as Ana Hope)
She has been such a blessing to our whole family. She sounds like your Grace with her skating. Annemarie does gymnastics. She started competing in fun meets this year and had her first meet last month. I was telling your mom that we will be in Holland on Feb. 15th for a meet at West Ottawa High School. Not sure when we are going or what night we will be staying yet. But I'll let you know. We will also be in Hudsonville in April.
I was just talking to a friend of mine this morning as we ran about Hope College. Her son is there today looking at it. He would like to play football. Hope seems to be a popular place with our school (St. Francis). In fact I know a runner (girl) who is going there next year.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and was so excited to see your mom and find out a little about Ana.
Hope to hear from you soon. Julie