This blog was originally created to help keep our family and friends informed as we journeyed together in the adoption of our youngest daughter from Guatemala. In April of 2008, all of our prayers were answered, and we traveled as a family to Guatemala to finally bring home Ana Hope. We now use this blog as an opportunity to share and preserve the precious everyday moments that can easily be forgotten in the busyness of everyday life.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Off it goes! (12/30/06)
Today we mailed our box with all of our paperwork in it (our Dossier) to Oregon. It had all of our certified documents, our home study, a photo album of our family that we created for the birthmother, as well as a video tour of our house with some words from Brian and I (also to our baby's birth mother). We chose to use Federal Express because we were told it was the most secure method and it can be tracked every step of the way. Short of handcuffing it to someone and sending them on a plane to Oregon, I guess this will have to do! (Last night Brian and I each spent some time praying over the box – essentially placing it and the entire process into God’s hands… as we have tried to do with everything that has been required thus far.) It cost $80 to mail the package, and as I left I told the lady, “Please take VERY good care of this…it is paperwork for our little girl in Guatemala”. It will be a TREMENDOUS relief to hear from SooJin that it has arrived safely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment