Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A note about prayer...

A message regarding prayer from our case manager:

I was thinking about something simple one of the boys in my church prayed a while back; he is 16. He prayed, "Lord, I pray to never underestimate you."

I liked it so much that I wrote it on a sheet and tacked it on my refrigerator at home. I was reminded of it this morning because in our rush toward the end of the year (only 11 working days left!), it’s easy to feel like we just need to “get through.” What I realize is that God has much more in mind for us – you, me, this ministry, the children we affect with our work each day – than just “getting through.”

With the visit yesterday from two Ethiopian children who we helped give a new life, I was so impacted in my heart that these are the faces, these are the real little lives that we touch, but more importantly, that God gave us the privilege of touching. He looks at us every day and He says, don’t worry about your inadequacies. It’s not in your strength that I work, it’s in my own. That’s why we don’t underestimate Him.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. [Eph. 3:20 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment