Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No birth certificate yet...

I thought I would post a quick update regarding Ana's birth certificate. We were told last week that it was to be ready on Tuesday which we thought was amazingly fast. Apparently, this was a "slight miscommunication" and we were told yesterday that it could take up to six weeks for it to be issued. TODAY, we were told that it is POSSIBLE, that our attorney may be able to pick it up when she goes into civil registry tomorrow. While we are praying that this is the case, with such conflicting information, it does not seem likely. I think what is happening is that the civil registry has been told to re-evaluate all cases to ensure that there is no evidence of fraud/invalid information. Because of this new requirement, it is taking longer to issue the new birth certificates. While we are all so very excited to go pick her up, we truly trust in God's perfect timing and feel that her paperwork will continue to progress as it is supposed to. We appreciate your continued prayers through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment