This blog was originally created to help keep our family and friends informed as we journeyed together in the adoption of our youngest daughter from Guatemala. In April of 2008, all of our prayers were answered, and we traveled as a family to Guatemala to finally bring home Ana Hope. We now use this blog as an opportunity to share and preserve the precious everyday moments that can easily be forgotten in the busyness of everyday life.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
This upcoming week will mark 8 weeks that Ana's paperwork has been in PGN (essentially the Guatemalan review board). From what I have learned, it is still possible for us to get a "preview" of our documents at this point, but it is also likely that our case could be approved this week. We have friends from Zeeland who were approved yesterday (Friday) and our cases were submitted by the same agency on the same day. We are thrilled for them!!! We so appreciate your prayers. The past two weeks have been more difficult for me. I completely trust that God's timing will be perfect, but I've also seen countless cases that have been in PGN for months and months. Sometimes it gets discouraging when you read about some of the ridiculous reasons that cases have been "kicked out" of PGN. BUT...Grace has claimed that "God's gonna make Ana ours this week!" So...that is indeed our prayer. I did succeed in calling PGN again this past Friday - which was a HUGE blessing. (The day before I had been disconnected over 10 times once it was apparent that my Spanish is not the best.) This time, I got through immediately and found that our file is still with the second reviewer. (It has been there since October 3rd.) When I asked (very politely :-), "How much longer do you anticipate it being there?" I was told that second reviewers usually pass cases on for final signatures after 5-6 weeks. Wednesday will mark our 6th week with the second reviewer, and I've been told the final signature takes only a couple of days. So...either our case will be issued a preview and need to have all of the documents resubmitted (and then start this whole process all over) OR we could get approved! We are asking for specific prayers that our case is approved without any previews and that it occurs prior to the Thanksgiving break. (After that, many of the reviewers take several weeks off for the holidays.) Again, we thank you so very much for all of your prayers and the support youhave given our family. I hope to write again soon with our WONDERFUL news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment