"My dearest daughter, I love you in the love of Jesus and I want you to know that you are even more beautiful than before. I am very proud that you have learned about your new environment so quickly. Through the photos, I see that you are very happy with your family and that makes me very happy. Never forget that I love you..."
To us she wrote, "I hope all of your lives are blessed. A thousand thanks for caring for Ana and I know it is the greatest gift you could have given. I will not tire of thinking of you wonderful people..."
Needless to say, we were so grateful to have received these letters and touched by her words. The blessing of the journey continues.
(The photo above was taken at this year's Christmas party that our agency held for women who had given their babies up for adoption at Hannah's Hope Guatemala. Each year, women who have been served by AGCI come together for a time of reconnecting and fellowship. We believe this is one way our agency can keep track of how the birthmothers are doing and continue to provide them with assistance, if needed. This is Ana's birthmom and the woman who ran the "Promise of Life" program to assist women in crisis pregnancy situations. We are guessing that this is where she wrote the letters and gave them to someone from AGCI to send to us.) It is a precious gift to us, and to Ana, to know how very much her birthmother loves her.
No comments:
Post a Comment