
One of the things I like the best about Wednesdays is that it is one of the few days we don't have to rush around and "be somewhere" at a particular time. It seems that Wednesdays are a bit more relaxed for us, and I find myself actually having some spare moments to reflect on my life as a homeschooling mom, and life in general. Today, as we were finishing, Little House in the Big Woods, the main character was expressing her contentment with observing "now". Not planning for the next event, or reflecting on past experiences - simply being grateful for all that is happening right now. I often find myself trying to capture moments in each day, writing them down, so that I'll always remember them. Today, however, I found myself intentionally absorbing the "now" in each moment, and thanking God that I have the opportunity to experience them. Last night Grace lost the tooth she has been so desperately trying to get out, so she spent the day looking at the wide space in her mouth and playing with it. Ana continued to show her nurturing side by spending the entire morning feeding her babies, putting them to bed, and taking them on stroller rides. Between schoolwork and reading, Joel spent every spare moment with his furry friends (Webkinz), creating an entire neighborhood for them in the living room. All three of them have such different personalities and continually surprise me by the things they say and do. I am truly thankful that God has given me the privilege of being their mother.


No comments:
Post a Comment