
I usually do not like to post pictures of myself, but this new little device is so cool, I wanted to share it. I had an allergic reaction to the previous antibiotic I was on, so I no longer can I administer my medication by IV push over 5 minutes. (It was just like giving myself a slow shot... VERY quick and convenient!) This new medication takes about 90 minutes to infuse. Given that I need to be on these antibiotics another three weeks (at least), I was a bit discouraged by the change. To my surprise, they just recently gave me a portable fanny pack infusion system so I now have portability and some degree of FREEDOM! Being tied to an IV pole twice a day for an hour and a half was just not real practical with three kids, especially with Brian still traveling for Cross Country. This little device that looks like a baby bottle with a water balloon inside just hooks into my PICC line in about five seconds. Then I can put it in the fanny pack, and go about my business. Once it is done infusing, I just disconnect, take the fanny pack off - and I don't have to think about it again for another 12 hours. I am really beginning to like NOT having a mid-day dose. It is amazing the medical advancements they have made over the years! It is amazing how "normal" one can feel - even with a PICC line in their arm!
No comments:
Post a Comment